Probably the biggest and most important question which had been raised in my mind over the two weeks I have been in Peru is how you can tell the difference between a llama and an alpacaca.
And google returns some very interesting results.
- So one of the main differences between the two is the ear shape. Apparently llamas have long, banana-shaped ears whereas alpacas have very short thin ones
- Furthermore, alpacas are the smaller ones and llamas are generally much larger.
- Llamas faces are longer and alpacas shorter and more cutesy cramped
- Alpacas wool can be used in textiles whereas llamas aren’t so fortunate and are more likely to be used for farm labor and meat
- Alpacas are herd animals and llamas are very strong independent individuals
Basically llamas are larger and spit more. Another important question answered. You are welcome.